Nonsurgical or surgical spinal decompression can reduce the pressure on affected areas and allow you to move with ease. Valeo Health can tell you how spinal decompression may facilitate your recovery.
What to Expect from Spinal Decompression
Patients may be eligible for nonsurgical or surgical spinal decompression therapy. Non-surgical spinal decompression involves the use of motorized traction to stretch the spine. This gentle procedure reduces pressure on and may induce retraction of herniated and bulging disks. With less pressure on the area, the body may continue with the healing process.
The Benefits of Spinal Decompression
Non-surgical spinal decompression can complement a range of other therapies, such as massage therapy or acupuncture. This non-invasive therapy is often included as part of an effective treatment plan offering benefits like:
- Improved oxygen, blood flow and movement of nutrients to an affected area, promoting healing.
- Reduced pressure on injured disks often causing a retraction of bulging or herniated disks.
- Decreased pressure on surrounding nerves and structures.
- Being able to perform daily activities and exercises more easily.
- Reduced pain in the back or neck.
Individuals may require a series of in-office treatments. Each session may last up to 45 minutes. Patients often experience less discomfort, inflammation and muscle tension soon after a session.
Our Team at Valeo Health Can Help
For more information about spinal decompression, contact Valeo Health at (678) 212-1444.